Thursday, September 3, 2015

Yellow 5SOS Nail Art

Yellow 5SOS Nail Art

Today I'm sharing yellow 5SOS inspired nail art! Day 3 of the 31 Day Challenge is yellow and I'm excited to post these because they are a part of a happy memory. 5SOS is short for 5 Seconds of Summer and is a band from Australia.  My sister is a fan and got concert tickets for her birthday so I made plans to visit so I could go with her and all my sisters.  Before I went, I painted my nails yellow and black and painted the band's tally logo on my thumb.

The yellow I used as the base is a polish by Sinful Colors called "Let's Meet."  It's so bright and is my favorite yellow polish I own right now.  After it dried, I used tape like I did for my Disneyland 60 nails to create the shape of the triangles and filled it in with black polish. 

Yellow 5 Seconds of Summer (5SOS) Nail Art

I also helped my sister with her nails. She did the base colors and the heart and I did the letters and the thumbnail. I think they looked great!  Our nails were concert ready!

5 Seconds of Summer (5SOS) Nail Art

We had a lot of fun at the concert! I love how this one came out and it's special to me because of the reason I did it.
Yellow and Black Nail Art

Luckily this mani lasted a long time- they still looked good when I got back so I also paired it with my Figment outfit at the D23 Expo. The yellow matched well and someone even pointed it out when they noticed my nails. Here's a picture from the Expo that you can see my nails in.

Figment Disneybound at the D23 Expo & Yellow Nail Art

That ends my third post for the 31 Day Challenge!

The 31 Day Challenge (#31DC2015) is a challenge where participants do nail art inspired by 31 prompts and post one per day.  I won't be painting my nails every day but I'm challenging myself to try to at least post each day using nail art I have yet to share in addition to new ones I do.  Not sure if I'll be able to keep it up with my schedule but I'm going to try! Thanks for following along!

4 comments:

  1. The yellow is so cheerful! The black makes it pop even more. I love both your nails and her nails together. 'They look so perfect' for the 5SOS concert:D That's awesome that they went well with your Figment outfit too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe, I like that you used the song lyric! :D I had so much fun at the 5SOS concert! :) It was a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  2. The design also reminds me of like evil Halloween cat eyes. So you may want to bring this design back out again if you're going for a Spooky look. How cool that you got to enjoy the concert with your sisters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true- I can see the cat eyes! The concert was so fun and it was wonderful to get to spend some time with my sisters. <3

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...