Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Paint the Night Inspired Outfit and Nail Art

Paint drip nail art to match a Paint the Night inspired outfit

It's day 9 of the 31 day challenge and the prompt is a cheerful one- rainbow nails! It was hard to choose between a couple colorful manicures that I haven't shared yet but in the end I decided to post my recent attempt at paint drip nail art.

I had put together an outfit inspired by the new nighttime parade at Disneyland called Paint the Night so I thought paint drips would match well. Instead of picking a color to go underneath, I decided to just do a clear base coat and then added different colors to the tips of my nails trying to make it look like it was drippy paint. 

Here's how it looked with my outfit.

Paint the Night inspired outfit and nail art

With the help of my mother I made the shirt and I paired it with a skirt I got from ModCloth.  I think the nails and everything went together well!  Here's a photo from the parade that it was inspired by.

Paint the Night Electrical Parade

And here's closer look at my shirt with my nails.

Paint the Night shirt and paint drip nail art

I wore this ensemble to the D23 Expo.  I was happy when I spotted a display from the Main Street Electrical Parade there in the Disney Archives exhibit. It's like my two favorite nighttime parades are in one photo!

Paint the Night Outfit at the D23 Expo

Special thanks to my mom for helping me make my shirt!  :)

The 31 Day Challenge (#31DC2015) is a challenge where participants do nail art inspired by 31 prompts and post one per day.  I won't be painting my nails every day but I'm challenging myself to try to at least post each day using nail art I have yet to share in addition to new ones I do.  Not sure if I'll be able to keep it up with my schedule but I'm going to try! Thanks for following along!

2 comments:

  1. You're so clever! I liked how your nails turned out with your outfit.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...