Friday, September 25, 2015

Psychedelic Yeti Nails inspired by a look in Project Runway

Psychedelic Yeti Nail Art inspired by a look by Amanda and Kini in Project Runway's season 13
It's Day 25 of the 31 Day Challenge and the theme is "inspired by fashion."  I'm not the most fashion savvy person but I'm actually a big fan of Project Runway and have watched many seasons of it over the years.  Season 13 had one of my favorite looks created on the show because it featured a psyhedelic yeti!  The Matterhorn at Disneyland is my favorite ride so I love yetis!

Psychedelic Yeti Nail Art inspired by a look in Project Runway's season 13

It was an episode called "The Highest Bidder" and the contestants had to bid on storage units and then use the contents of the unit to create a mini collection.  The designer, Amanda Valentine, was really excited about the psychedelic yeti painting inside her and her teammate Kini Zamora's storage unit. She ended up using it for one of the looks they made and they even won the challenge!  Just like she was inspired by the painting and used it to create the look, I was inspired by the look to create this nail art!

I used many different polishes to create the rainbow colors and and then carefully painted the yeti using a toothpick!  I was so happy with the result because yeti and rainbows!?  Love it!

Psychedelic Yeti Nail Art inspired by a look in Project Runway

Here's one more look at that yeti!

Psychedelic Yeti Nail Art inspired by a look in Project Runway

If you're interested in Project Runway, there's currently a new season on Lifetime right now.  I recently got the channel again and have been having fun catching up on all the episodes!

That completes Day 25 of the 31 Day Nail Art Challenge!

The 31 Day Challenge (#31DC2015) is a challenge where participants do nail art inspired by 31 prompts and post one per day.  I won't be painting my nails every day but I'm challenging myself to try to at least post each day using nail art I have yet to share in addition to new ones.  Not sure if I'll be able to keep it up with my schedule but I'm going to try! Thanks for following along!

2 comments:

  1. I remember this episode. I like the unconventional challenges on Project Runway. I think you did a wonderful job Nerissa. Your inspiration is unique. The yeti and rainbows are a fun and and cheerful combination;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is spot on! How cool that you were inspired by this look and the look was inspired by art. Talk about full circle inspiration! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...