Friday, September 4, 2015

Shrek Green Nails


It's Day 4 of the 31 Day Challenge and the prompt for it is Green Nails.  I don't use green very often so I didn't have any green nail art I hadn't shared yet.  I rushed to do this nail art a couple days ago so that I'd have time to post it.  I used an old OPI green polish I have called "Who the Shrek Are You?"  I tried to keep the nail art simple but still ended up having a few issues.

I painted the chevron stripes on the accent nail and it looked okay on the night that I did it but the next morning I found that the yellow polish had gotten somewhat faded and smeary looking. I think it's a polish I need to toss because it seemed watery when I used it and also gave me problems when I did my Flash nail art. I quickly attempted to fix it with a different yellow polish before heading to work. The green had started to look bad too so I definitely regretted skipping a top coat in my rush the night before.

Despite it all, it still looks pretty good from far so here's a photo of it from farther away. I randomly found Shrek cereal at the store that same day so I felt compelled to buy it since it matched my nail color.
 

After I did this green challenge, I looked over my calendar again and the prompts for the rest of the 31 days. Although I have some of the nail art done already, there are still quite a few I need to do in addition to preparing posts for them all so it will be an even bigger challenge than I thought!  I may end up needing a few extra days but we'll see how it goes!

The 31 Day Challenge (#31DC2015) is a challenge where participants do nail art inspired by 31 prompts and post one per day.  I won't be painting my nails every day but I'm challenging myself to try to at least post each day using nail art I have yet to share in addition to new ones I do.  Not sure if I'll be able to keep it up with my schedule but I'm going to try! Thanks for following along!

4 comments:

  1. I don't use green polish often either, usually only blue-green shades. That's funny that OPI had a shade with that name. I think your nails look cute and I like the photo with the cereal :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The cereal is actually pretty yummy too! It's just like Froot Loops. :)

      Delete
  2. Even though they didn't turn out like you hoped, they still matched the Shrek cereal exactly!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...