Thursday, September 24, 2015

Once Upon A Time Storybook Nail Art


Today's theme for the 31 Day Nail Art Challenge is "inspired by book".  Because Once Upon a Time starts it's new season on Sunday, I decided to share this nail art that is inspired by the storybook in the show.

To create this look, I painted most of my nails white and then after they dried I applied the newspaper print. I hadn't really done this technique before- I tried once before with a different type of paper and was unsuccessful but it worked much better this time! I used a Buena Vista Bugle newspaper that I got at Disney California Adventure for the newsprint. I messed up on the first nail but afterwards I got the hang of it!  You can find several tutorials on how to do newsprint nails online- here's the one I used: Wiki Make-Newspaper-Nails.

For my thumbnail, I painted it brown and then tried to paint the words "Once Upon a Time" with a toothpick to try to make it look like the cover of the storybook.  It was a little too much to fit on my nail though and it didn't turn out that well so on my other hand I just painted the word "Once" instead.  Despite the messy letters on my thumbnails, I think one can still tell what it's supposed to be.


I did this nail art right before my husband and I went to British Columbia where we visited Steveston which is a little town where a lot of the exterior shots of Once Upon a Time are filmed.  It was awesome!  You can see my nails in this picture of me outside of the building they use as the exterior of Mr. Gold's shop. 

Steveston in British Columbia, Mr. Gold's shop.

On that same trip, we were also able to check out an event for another TV show we watch called Murdoch Mysteries.  They gave out newspapers there and my nails worked perfectly for that too!  :)  Here they are with my newspaper.

Newspaper Nails

I'm looking forward to the new season of Once Upon A Time and will probably do more nail art inspired by it soon!  If you want to see other Once Upon A Time nail art that I have done in the past, check out this link:  http://www.pixiedustnails.com/search/label/Once Upon A Time

That completes Day 24 of the 31 Day Nail Art Challenge!  

The 31 Day Challenge (#31DC2015) is a challenge where participants do nail art inspired by 31 prompts and post one per day.  I won't be painting my nails every day but I'm challenging myself to try to at least post each day using nail art I have yet to share in addition to new ones.  Not sure if I'll be able to keep it up with my schedule but I'm going to try! Thanks for following along!

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering how you got the little letters on your nails. LOL They looked just like the ONCE book and how neat that you took them on your trip to the set!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...