Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Alaska Flag Nail Art and Alaska photos


Day 28 of the 31 Day Challenge is "inspired by a flag." This nail art is inspired by Alaska's flag.  I like their flag a lot because it has the Big Dipper and the North Star on it and I really love stars.  I did this the day before we went to Alaska a couple years ago.  I painted my nails with a blue Loreal nail polish named "Jet Set to Paris."  To make it a little easier I painted yellow dots to represent each star in the Big Dipper and then painted an actual star for the North Star.

Alaska is such a beautiful place! I love the photos we took there. Here are a few of them. I tried to pick a couple that you can spot my nails in.
Portage Glacier Cruise in Alaska
-Portage Glacier Cruise-

Bear at the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
-Patrón the Bear at the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center-

Alaska visit in 2013
-Beautiful Alaska-
 You can't see my nails in this next photo but sled dogs are so cute I had to include it!  :)

Alaska sled dogs at Iditarod Trail Race Headquarters
-Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race Headquarters-

That completes Day 28 of the 31 Day Nail Art Challenge!  

The 31 Day Challenge (#31DC2015) is a challenge where participants do nail art inspired by 31 prompts and post one per day.  I won't be painting my nails every day but I'm challenging myself to try to at least post each day using nail art I have yet to share in addition to new ones.  Not sure if I'll be able to keep it up with my schedule but I'm going to try! Thanks for following along!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't really think about the Alaskan flag before, but I like how you thought to recreate it for your trip. Great idea! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...