Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Geometric Nail Art

Geometric Nail Art inspired by Selfie's opening credits

The theme for today is geometric. I'm not sure exactly what falls in this category but because this nail art has shapes and lines I think it works.  The design kind of resembles constellations but was actually inspired by the opening credits of a TV show called Selfie.

I was sad when the show was cancelled because I really enjoyed it.  It had a talented and diverse cast and I thought it had some good messages in it. I think people gave up on it too quickly. If it ever comes out on DVD or returns to Hulu I recommend watching a few!

Anyway, back to the nail art!  The opening credits of the TV show had several little geometric shapes and lines in the background as seen below.

Selfie's Opening Credits

Selfie's Opening Credits - Karen Gillan

I kept thinking it would be cool nail art so finally one day I gave it a try and this is the result. My shapes aren't perfect but I think it still resembles what inspired it.
Geometric Nail Art inspired by Selfie's opening credits
I used a Butter London polish called "Cotton Buds" for the base and various colors for the shapes.  I somehow managed to do a decent job on my right hand too; usually that one is much messier because I am right handed.  Here is the right hand:

Geometric Nail Art

I thought it was a fun look and kept it for a while. You never know where you'll find nail art inspiration!  :)  That completes day 16 of the 31 day challenge!

The 31 Day Challenge (#31DC2015) is a challenge where participants do nail art inspired by 31 prompts and post one per day.  I won't be painting my nails every day but I'm challenging myself to try to at least post each day using nail art I have yet to share in addition to new ones.  Not sure if I'll be able to keep it up with my schedule but I'm going to try! Thanks for following along!

1 comment:

  1. I never watched Selfie but I think it's so cool that you used the title as inspiration for your nail art. It looks really nice and pretty exact to the original!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...