Friday, September 28, 2012

Pink Ombre Nails

I did this mani when my sister was in town a couple weeks ago!  She had actually emailed me a video tutorial she found online on how to get an ombre look with your polish and I decided to try it out while she was here!
I tried to do a pink ombre since a friend of mine was running her first marathon that weekend and she loves pink ombre!  I thought maybe it would send invisible pixie dust waves her way. 
Here’s what I did!


I picked out 3 polishes that were different shades of pink and a white polish.  I painted my nails with the white polish first.  After it dried I used a makeup sponge and painted the 3 pink colors on it.  Then I used the sponge to dab the paint onto each nail, reapplying polish onto the sponge for each nail.

Nails right after sponging on the polish

It was really messy but the results were great and most the work is just cleaning up afterwards! Literally!  It took a while to remove the excess polish off my fingers and I spilled some polish while putting the bottles away.  My poor hubby had to help me get the stain out of the carpet!

I really loved the effect of this technique and it was easier than I thought!  Here is a link to the video tutorial I used that my sister had sent me.


The tutorial is by MissJenFabulous of  polishandpearls.com.  She has other tutorials too that I’ll probably check out sometime.

When my nails were dry I added some Mickey shapes to add a dash of Disney to it.  I was happy with my first attempt using this ombre technique and am looking forward to trying it again sometime to see if I can get even better results.  

The next pic has cameras and a park map in the background because my sister and I were getting ready to go to Disneyland!  Thanks to her again for sending me the link to that tutorial! 

6 comments:

  1. Pink Ombre...hmmm I wonder which friend you were doing this for? :) I think they turned out great, and although you made a bit of a mess, I think it was worth it. They look really great! I always just thought people did it by doing stripes of different colors on their nails and then sort of blending it all together, but now I know that's not the case.

    I just thought of 2 more challenges for you: Duffy nails (with his trademark paw print instead of a hidden mickey) and a Tink silhouette with a trail of pixie dust. I also saw a really cool picture of beatles nails online but wasn't sure if you'd be into it and it looked really hard since the person had to draw each Beatle on each nail. Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hope! I like your Tink idea! I will have to try that one sometime! I saw a Beatles mani too- I wonder if it was the same one? It looked hard though! Not sure if I could do it! hehe. Maybe after some more practice! I've been meaning to do Duffy nails! I'll have to do them sometime soon. :) I hope you had a nice weekend too! :)

      Delete
  2. Cute! I like the pink, and the mickeys look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bianca! I think they were my favorite Mickey shapes I've done so far. :)

      Delete
  3. I love! The mickey makes it even better!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...