Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Backside of Water!

My next mani is one I worked on this past weekend. There is a nail art contest on an awesome blog I like called Chalkboard Nails and I thought I would give it a try!  The task is to do a mani using warm colors or cool colors.  It's been pretty hot so I decided using cool colors sounded more refreshing! ;)

I did some brainstorming on what I could do with cool colors.  I have a few different blues and thought I'd try to do something related to water and then it came to me!

I present to you the amazing, astounding, eighth wonder of the world... the backside of water!!!!!!


As some of you may have guessed I used one of my favorite parts of the Jungle Cruise as inspiration.  There is a part on the ride where you go by Schweitzer Falls a second time but you go behind it which usually leads to a pun by the skipper about seeing the back side of the water!  I decided I'd paint the boat on my thumb and use different blues and greens on my nails to try to portray the backside of the waterfall. It took 2 tries but I'm very happy with it!

 
Here is a list of the colors I used:
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear "White On" (for the base and top of boat)
Sinful Colors "Nirvana" (for the bottom of the boat)
Sally Hansen Hard as Nails "Sturdy Sapphire" (Waterfall)
L.A. Colors Color Craze "Wired" (Waterfall)
L.A. Colors Color Craze "Sea Siren" (Waterfall)
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear "Black Out" (boat and people on boat)


I thought I'd take a fun picture of my mani in water! I tried to take a picture of the backside of the water but I hit my head on the faucet.  Haha!  Sorry but I had to sneak in another corny pun!  ;-)  


I hope you enjoyed today's mani!  Special thanks to my sisters who put up with my many texts last weekend and gave me helpful feedback!

5 comments:

  1. It looks great! Did you use one of your manicure tools to do the water? I like how you did it, the colors look really nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bianca! :) I used a thin brush from my nail art brush set to do the water. I painted little dashes with the different colors.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I used a thin brush to paint dashes on my nails in the different blues. I painted the boat on my thumb with the thin brush also. I used a toothpick to paint on little people onto the boat.

      Delete
  3. Super clever! I love that you used the Jungle Cruise part as inspiration. It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...