Friday, July 27, 2012

Yellow Polish, plus Collage and Music Nails!

Today’s post features 3 manicures I did this week!
Some of my family was in town for a few days last weekend.  I felt sad after they headed home so I painted my nails in a cheerful color to try to brighten my mood. I picked the color yellow!  I used a NYC nail polish called “Taxi Yellow Creme".  It took a few coats but in the end my nails were a happy soft yellow. 
I took out my new dotting tools for practice and used it to paint dots on my nails.  I used L.A. Colors “Sea Siren”.  It was a very simple mani that didn’t take too long to do.  I even threw in a hidden Mickey. 


My family was only in town for a few days but I did manage to do quick manis on my sisters.  Although I started out with the new nail tools I had gotten I ended up going back to the tools I was used to for time reasons.  For one of my sisters I painted her nails with a collage of different designs because I couldn’t decide on one. I put Sanrio's Batz Maru on one nail, glitter on another, and what reminded us of her cat on her thumb.





For my other sister we did a music theme and I painted music notes on her nails along with some zig zag lines, stars, and microphones.


I wish we’d had more time but I'm so happy they were able to visit.  I really miss them all a lot and I have been a bit of an Eeyore since they’ve left. 
On a happier note, I think I’ll be starting the 31 day manicure challenge in the next couple weeks. I hit a bit of a creative block in general so I think it will be a great way to push myself and maybe even learn some new nail tricks as I go.

6 comments:

  1. You did a great job on your nails and your sisters' nails. They look pretty and I'm sure it's a nice reminder for them of the great time you spent together last week. :)

    Since you're an Eeyore, maybe that theme could be part of your nail challenge? You could do his face on one thumb and his tail on another! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hope! :) I was thinking of doing Eeyore too! (He's my favorite Winnie the Pooh character) I will have to squeeze him in somewhere. :)

      Delete
  2. I like the hidden Mickey:). Those two colors, the yellow and sea siren, look pretty together (and cheerful). Is that a Mickey Coffee can she is holding, lol? I think both of their manicures turned out adorable. I like the music notes and ziz zag lines. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And you are close! Hehe, she's holding a Mickey coffee mug. ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...