Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Angels Baseball Inspired Nails

On Friday night while watching the Olympic Opening Ceremony I painted my nails with a design inspired by Anaheim's baseball team the Angels.  I had a ticket to Saturday's game so I thought I'd try to show my team spirit!


For this design I used polishes that matched the team's colors, Maybelline "Speedy Hot Tamale" and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear "White On."  I actually picked up the white polish last week at Target.  It was on sale for $1.50!  I've used it twice already and really like it!

For three of my nails on each hand I used the white and then painted some designs on them.  I painted the "A" with the halo to represent the team and then I painted a red design on another nail to make it look like a baseball.

Like I mentioned before I was watching the Opening Ceremony while I did this.  I kept getting distracted especially when this scary Voldemort appeared on my TV!

creepy!

I felt better after Mary Poppins showed up to save the day!


All these distractions resulted in some extra messy nails!


I used a Q-Tip and nail polish remover to clean up the polish that got all over my hands.  Here is the result!


The nails matched my team jersey and Angels merchandise very well! The game was a lot of fun! 

4 comments:

  1. So cute! I usually let my nails dry and then all the extra polish scrapes off naturally when I wash my hands (either a few hours later or by the next day). I found that when I used the nail polish remover, I ended up accidentally taking some polish off of my nails. A little hand lotion or soap gently scrapes the excess away after they're dry.

    That was certainly an interesting opening ceremony. I normally don't even watch it but I was waiting for Sir Paul to come out. Even with the distractions, your nails turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I usually wait for it to come off when washing my hands too! I was especially messy this time and needed the extra help before I took my last picture. Haha! I'm just glad I managed not to spill polish on the couch! ;)
      It was fun to see Sir Paul in the Opening Ceremony! I thought of you! :)

      Delete
  2. These came out great, I really like them. I like how you leave certain nails one color and then designs on only some of the nails that's a creative idea. You're getting really good! How long do you have to let the nails dry before you paint on the design?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bianca! :) I think I usually wait around 10-15 minutes although it varies for different polishes. I've never really timed it but I will next time! I usually watch tv when I paint my nails and just keep checking on them until they're completely dry.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...