Wednesday, February 12, 2014

It's a Small World- Hearts Nail Art

I have some more hearts nail art to share with you all today!  If the pattern looks a bit familiar it's because it was inspired by what you could call a very obscure Disney character.  Can you guess who?


If you guessed the jaguar in the ride It's a Small World then you got it (and I'm really impressed because I don't think I would have even guessed it)!


On "it's a small world", you ride through many different countries including a rainforest in Brazil.  The rainforest section is my husband's favorite part of the ride and I still remember how sad we were when there were rumors that they were going to get rid of it when they did the refurbishment in 2008.  Luckily it's still there although it seems a bit smaller.  It was around that time that we ended up decorating one of our bathrooms with a It's a Small World RAINFOREST theme.  So when we saw they had the stuffed animal jaguar from it for sale at the Disney Store, we decided to add it to our collection.


I really love his heart-shaped spots and when I was trying to think of some Valentine hearts to paint on my nails- he came to mind! 


I like how it turned out especially since the bright yellow is so cheerful.  I got several compliments on them and my hubby even wanted me to start carrying the jaguar around so people could see where the pattern came from!  I didn't carry him around (he a little too big for my purse) but I got some pictures with a friend of his at Disney California Adventure on the day I was wearing yellow and purple to match.


Now that I probably have the "It's a Small World" song in your head, here's a video from the blog, Theme Park Insider, that has a video of the ride.  You can spot jaguar and his rainforest section at around 8:10 in  the video.



What do you think of my Small World jaguar nails?  Do you remember the jaguar from the ride?

I hope you all enjoyed today's nail art and in case I don't have time to post again before the weekend- Happy Valentine's Day!

If you are interested in getting your own It's a Small World stuffed animal,  they currently still have some for sale on the Disney Store website!

http://www.disneystore.com/it-s-a-small-world-collection/mn/1021801/

6 comments:

  1. I wouldn't have guessed it on my own, but once you said it, I was like, "oh yeah!". Super cute idea and great tie in to the ride. I like the hippo's lashes myself. I also like that you've strayed from the traditional Valentine's colors yet your nails still look festive. Happy Valentine's Day to you both! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hope! I like the hippo too! Happy Valentine's Day to you all too! :)

      Delete
  2. Aw jaguar is so sweet:) I like that you thought inside the box (as it's bigger on the inside) and used jaguar as inspiration. I like the bright cheerful colors. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie! The jaguar is so happy and colorful- he was fun to use as inspiration! :) Happy Valentine's Day to you too!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...