Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Starry Nails for the Fourth

Starry Nails

I hope everyone had a happy 4th!  I didn't have enough time to do any elaborate nail art for the holiday this year but I did manage to do something real quick before I went away for the weekend. For the base color, I used two coats of the Sinful Colors polish named "Cinderella."  I wanted a light and cheerful shade of blue and this was just right.  I can definitely see where it gets it's name!  It really does look like the shade of blue of Cinderella's dress and it's slightly sparkly!

After it dried, I used a Wet n Wild Fergie polish named "Hollywood Walk of Fame" to add stars on top.  This polish is clear with star glitter in it and because I love anything with stars in it it's one of my favorites.  It's a bit difficult to pick up the stars with the brush though so it took some patience to get the star glitter on my nails.  Last thing I did was use a matte top coat to give it all a softer look.  The end result wasn't as clean as I would like but I was glad that I was able to get my nails blue and sparkly for the holiday!

It was a fun 4th of July weekend!  I spent it in San Francisco with my husband and one of my sisters.  I didn't get a lot of photos of my nails so here's a photo of the Golden Gate Bridge from our trip instead! 

Golden Gate Bridge

I hope everyone has a great rest of the week!

If you want to check out other nail ideas for July or next year's Independence Day, check out these posts:

 - 4th of July - USA Nail Art Tutorial
Fireworks Nail Art

4 comments:

  1. Happy Independence Day:) Luv the starry nails! I have the "Cinderella" shade as she's my fav princess hehe, so I'm glad to see you use it. I haven't seen that Fergie polish before, I was looking for stars the other day but only found glitter. So pretty! A plus that they're different colors. Hope you had a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) That Cinderella shade is very pretty! :) The Fergie star polish I found a while back- I'm not sure if it's available anymore. I think I found it at Target if I remember right. I hope you can find a similar one! I hope you had a happy 4th too!

      Delete
  2. Hey that's pretty good for last minute. It's cool to see July 4th nails that aren't heavy on the red, white, and blue. I think your nails turned out great and how fun you got to go to SF to meet up with your Sis! It's on our list of places to go to.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...