Thursday, July 16, 2015

Disneyland 60 Diamond Celebration Nail Art Tutorial

Disneyland 60 Diamond Celebration Nail Art Tutorial

This year marks Disneyland's 60th anniversary! The actual birthday is July 17 but Disneyland started the party in May with it's big Diamond Celebration. To commemorate it's big 60th, I'm sharing a tutorial on how to do some diamond nail art fit for the occasion.  It's actually really simple to do and you don't need many supplies for it.  Here it is!

What you'll need:
- Base Clear Coat (I use Seche Clear- crystal clear base coat)
- Blue Nail Polish (I used Sinful Colors "Navy I Do")
- Silver Nail Polish (I used Wet n Wild Fergie "Going Platinum")
- Scotch Tape
- Toothpick (if you choose to do the 'D' for Disneyland)
- Top Coat (I use Seche Vite- Dry Fast Top Coat)

Step 1:  After applying your clear base coat and letting that dry, paint your nails with the blue polish.

Step 2:  When the blue polish is completely dry, use strips of the Scotch tape to create a baseball diamond shape on each of your nails. Skip the ring finger if you want to try to do the 'D' on that nail. *Note: I usually do Steps 2-4 on one or two nails at a time. It can get tricky if you have tape on too many nails at once. 

Use tape to create diamond shape

Step 3:  Take your silver polish and paint within the diamond shape created by the tape. If some of the silver polish spills over the tape it is okay because you will be removing the tape afterwards.

Paint the silver within the diamond shape created by the tape

Step 4:  After you are done with the silver polish, carefully remove the tape. 

Step 5:  If you'd like you can do diamonds on all of your nails or you can paint the Disneyland 'D' on your ring finger.  If you want to try adding the D, use a toothpick and the silver polish to create the D shape.  It helps if you practice on paper first. 

Disneyland 60 Diamond Celebration Nail Art

Step 6:  Once it's all dry, apply a top coat and you're done! Your nails fit right in for Disneyland's Diamond Celebration!

Disneyland 60 Castle

That completes the tutorial!  Here's a summary of all the steps:


If you try using the tutorial, let me know (you can email me at myworldshowcase@gmail.com)! I'd love to see your results!

Have a great week and happy birthday Disneyland!

Want to read more? Check out my post at my other blog My World Showcase: 
5 Things to Check Out at Disneyland's Diamond Celebration!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I will definitely give this a try. Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! <3 Send me a photo after you do, I'd love to see it! :)

      Delete
  2. I love how you did the Disney D! It turned out great! Also for whatever reason, I suck at the tape method because I end up messing up the base coat so I usually free-hand it if I attempt a design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Often times I'll do the base coat one day and then the design the following day. :) I have a hard time waiting long enough so it's a good way for me to make sure it's completely dry. Another trick I do is I use longer strips of tape to make it easier to remove it.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...