Friday, July 10, 2015

Beach Ball Nails - inspired by Teen Beach 2

Beach ball nails - inpsired by Teen Beach 2

A couple weeks ago, Teen Beach 2 premiered on the Disney Channel.  Although I think the first one is better, the sequel is enjoyable and now there is a new set of catchy songs that get stuck in my head! Summer isn't my favorite season but the movie definitely got me more excited about summer time and I used it as inspiration for my nails!

To get a summer-y look, I decided to try to do the tops of beach balls on my ring finger and thumb and used the Teen Beach logo color palette.  I used a mani from Kelsie's Nail Files as a guide on how to do the beach ball.  They didn't come out as great as hers but I like how well the colors I used matched the logo.  They were bright and cheerful and most of them were older polishes I've had a long time.

Beach ball nails - inpsired by Teen Beach 2

As you can see I ended up purchasing the movie on DVD.  :)  I couldn't resist!  I still need to get the first one to complete my collection.  It is on Netflix though and I imagine the sequel will be too eventually so keep an eye out for it!

I'll end this post with a photo from our recent visit to Typhoon Lagoon at Disney World! They had some Teen Beach 2 stuff while we were there in May.

Teen Beach 2 at Typhoon Lagoon

Happy Friday and have an awesome weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Luv it! Such pretty colors, and a cheerful inspiration. I like how it's the top of a beach ball, and combining it with the movie colors was a creative idea. What brand is your turquoise shade?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) The turquoise shade is an old polish I have- L.A. Colors color craze "Sea Siren." It's one of my favorites- I need to see if I kind find another bottle since I'm starting to run out! It's a great color. :)

      Delete
  2. Your nails were spot on with the TB2 logo. I also enjoyed the first one more, but wouldn't mind adding the 2nd one to my DVD collection too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...