Thursday, October 18, 2012

Wedding Anniversary Nails

Last week I celebrated my one year wedding anniversary!  To dress up my nails for the occasion I used polishes in our wedding colors to do different designs inspired by the wedding on each nail.  This is the completed mani!


Here's what each nail represented:

Thumb- For my wedding my cousin gave me a French mani so I did a colorful French tip on my thumbnail.

Index Finger- This nail is meant to look like the Mickey stamp design on our wedding cake.


photo by Beverly Hills Photography

Middle Finger- This nail represents our blue aisle runner with white rose petals.  I loved how this one came out.  I may have to do a full mani of just this design sometime!



Photo by Beverly Hills Photography

Ring Finger- For this nail I painted on our wedding date!

Pinkie- On this nail I used the two polishes my sisters used for my wedding pedi!  You may recognize the colors from the ones I shared in my first post! I gave myself a pedi with this same look as well.

On my other hand I used the same designs except for the thumbnail on which I freehanded a Tron identity disc.  We had some Tron items in our DJ's section at our wedding to represent ElecTronica, a temporary nightly event at Disneyland that my husband and I really loved!


I was really happy with this mani and it went well with all the reminiscing we did that day.

Photo by Beverly Hills Photography

I kept them the rest of the week and even rocked them at a blogging conference I went to called Bloggy Boot Camp.  I hope you enjoyed my mani and the peek at a couple of my wedding photos! 

12 comments:

  1. My favorite is the aisle runner too:) It is such a creative idea to make each nail represent something. I also realy like the cake design! That would be a cute one to do a full mania as well, with different colored backgrounds. I liked Electronica too, that was fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bianca! I really like the cake one too! I will have to do a full mani of it as well! :)

      Delete
  2. This was such a neat idea! I love that you themed each nail to a different part of your wedding. I think my favorite is the mickey print. The aisle runner one was clever too. I also liked your shoutout to Tron on your other hand. Since you can't really wear your wedding dress again, this is a fantastic way to bring out a part of that special day on your anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hope! It definitely was a nice way to wear something else that reminds me of our wedding day! :)

      Delete
  3. Such a nice post and mani! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your nails and they got tons of compliments at the blog conference! I think the aisle runner one is my favorite, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. U know my fave is thee mickey & of course the elecTRONica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love ElecTRONica and I miss it! I will have to do a full ElecTRONica mani sometime too!

      Delete
  6. U know my fave is thee mickey & of course the elecTRONica!

    ReplyDelete
  7. U know my fave is thee mickey & of course the elecTRONica!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...