Monday, December 23, 2013

Tutorial- Christmas Tree Nail Art with Hidden Mickeys

Happy Holidays from Pixie Dust Nails!  I love painting Christmas trees onto my nails because it's pretty easy to do.  Here's a tutorial in case you want to do some Christmas nail art too!


What you'll need:
- Nail polish to paint the background of your nail art (I used white)
- Various colors of nail polish for your Christmas Tree
- Tape (I used Scotch tape)
- Bobby pin or dotting tool
- Toothpicks

Step 1.  Pick a color you want the background of your nail art to be.  I picked white so that my trees would stand out on it.  Paint your nails in that color.

Step 2.  After the polish is completely dry, get two pieces of masking tape and place them onto your nail so that it creates a stencil of your triangle for your Christmas tree.  Then paint the inside with the color you want your tree to be- I used lime green!  The tape will prevent excess paint from getting onto the rest of your nail.  Do this on as many nails as you want.  I painted trees onto my ring finger and my thumb.


Step 3.  After you paint in the shapes for the trees, let the paint dry and carefully remove the tape.

Step 4.  Now you have the shapes for your trees!  It's time for the fun part - decorating them! You can use a dotting tool or the end of a bobby pin to paint on dots for your ornaments.  You can use whatever colors you like.  Using a toothpick, I painted on ears to some of my ornaments to make hidden Mickeys.   I used another toothpick to paint a star on the top.

Step 5. For the nails you don't paint trees on, you can use your dotting tool or bobby pin to paint on garland.  In the end, you have some festive nails!


And that's how you can do some Christmas nail art for the holidays!  I hope everyone has a merry and magical time with family and loved ones!


2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! Your nails looked wonderful when I saw them. I didn't realize how easy this mani was because you always make everything look so expert-level. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hope! :) I hope you had a merry Christmas too!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...