Thursday, December 12, 2013

Once Upon A Time- Evil Queen/Regina Inspired Nail Art


Surprise!  It's another Once Upon A Time inspired mani!  This one is inspired by one of my favorite characters on the show- the Evil Queen/Regina!   I used this photo of her from EW.com (Entertainment Weekly) as my main source of inspiration.

Photo from EW.com

For the base color of my nails I used a purple except for the ring finger on which I used black. On my thumbnail, I painted stripes of different purples and black in an attempt to resemble the collar of her dress in the photo.  It didn't turn out exactly like it but I thought it still worked for the overall mani.
On my index finger I painted a black heart because being the Evil Queen, Regina obviously has some dark spots on her heart.  I outlined the heart in red and I like to think that the red represents her love for Henry.  On the middle finger I added some sparkle to represent her magic abilities.  On my ring finger I painted on an apple for obvious reasons.  :)  And then on the pinkie I tried to paint her magic mirror! 


I was happy with the end result!  It was fun to use a specific character as inspiration.  I'll have to do it again sometime!  I did this one about a month ago and thought that with the winter finale of Once Upon A Time coming up, it was a good time to share.  I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next on the show!

Want to see more Once Upon a Time inspired nails?  Check out my nail art from a few months ago:

Once Upon A Time Poster Nail Art

2 comments:

  1. Yay this is great! I'm so excited to see you do another Once Upon a Time mani. I've really enjoyed the show this season. I think you captured her really well. My favorite is the black heart with the red outline. One of the reasons I like Once Upon a Time is because the evil characters are portrayed with the ability to love - their evil intentions are fueled from lost love and loss. The sparkle is my second favorite. I like the light blue with the purple. Glad to see the mirror on there:) (Gustavo Fring, I mean Sidney Glass haha.) I really like this mani. Can't wait for next week's episode and your next mani!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. I think Regina gets a bad wrap so it's nice to see her get some love here and there. Your nails are so cool! I just read today that Disney Channel is developing a new show about the offspring of famous Disney Villains, so I think if it gets greenlit that it will show more dimension to timeless characters like the Evil Queen.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...