Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Dapper Dans Inspired Nail Art

A couple weekends ago I went to Dapper Day at Disneyland! Dapper Day is a day where many people go to Disneyland dressed in their finest!  I went last year as well and while I was there I got to meet the Dapper Dans! 


It was so neat to get to get a photo with them that I decided to use the Dapper Dans as inspiration for my  Dapper Day nail art this year!


As you can see I painted my nails to match the Dapper Dans’ attire!  I used these colors and they seemed to match quite well!


L.A. Colors- Color Craze Nail Polish- Tropical Breeze
L.A. Colors- Color Craze Nail Polish- Sea Siren
Sally Hansen Mellow Yellow
OPI Off With Her Red!

I painted each of my nails one of the colors and then used the white polish from a Kiss Nail Artist kit to paint stripes so that it would look like the pattern on their jackets.  On my thumb I painted a stripe of each color sort of like a rainbow!



My friends seemed to pick up on what inspired my nail art right away so I was really happy with how my nails came out!  Here they are on Dapper Day!


I took a lot of photos of my nails but not so much with my whole outfit so I’ll share this photo to give you an idea on what my dapper apparel looked like that day!


Dapper Day is a a fun day to visit a Disney park so if you ever get a chance to go I highly recommend it!  If you want to read about my Dapper Day experience be sure to check out my Dapper Day recap on So Disney!

What do you think of my dapper nails?  I really liked how colorful it ended up!  I may have to do this design again sometime!

2 comments:

  1. That so creative Nerissa! I wouldn't of thought of doing that. The colors match perfectly with the Dapper Dans. The stripes are a nice touch. Dapper Dans make me think of The Music Man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nails came out so nice that day and I love how you incorporated the Dapper Dans into them. Maybe if you re-do them one day you can add the little bow tie? :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...