Monday, March 18, 2013

Nominated for A Magical Day Award!

I have some happy news.  My nail art has been nominated for “Best Disney-Themed Makeup/Manicure 2012” on a blog called 'A Magical Day'.  You may remember my Maleficent inspired nails from last year.


I did this design for my friend’s birthday and I’m really happy they are getting some love!  If you’d like to vote for my Maleficent nails please go to:

http://magicaldayblog.com/2013/03/vote-for-the-2012-magical-day-awards/

and then vote for "Maleficent Nails by Pixie Dust Nails"!

To vote you use your Twitter or Facebook account.  Note that if you want to vote anonymously that you need to check that box first before you click on your choice.

Honestly I’m a little torn because I adore one of the other entries in my category.  Melanie is a friend and she had her makeup done by Fairytale Hair and Makeup- the same company that did my makeup for my own wedding.  I think they have some super talented people there!  So if you secretly don't want to vote for me (like if your name is Aurora or Phillip and you have something against Maleficent or dragons) then please give your vote to Fairytale Hair and Makeup for their ability to make every bride feel like a princess!

My voting technique for these awards is usually voting for whoever has the least votes because I really just want everyone to win somehow.  This year I do have a lot of friends who were nominated including several of this blog’s readers (did you see that adorable penguin dress?!) so please show them some love too!  Please stop by my friend Mindy’s blog Budget Fairy Tale to read about all the Disneyland nominees!  She has a good guide!   Also- she was nominated for Best Overall Disney Wedding in 2012 so please vote for her too!  I went to her wedding and it was wonderful!

Thank you for your support! <3  And a big thanks to anyone who nominated me!  I was surprised to see my nails on there and feel really flattered to have been nominated at all!

6 comments:

  1. Girlie you have provided many a cool mani this past year. I think you deserve a nom and nod for the creativity and your patience when doing artwork on your nails. Keep up the fun and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nails were awesome! I loved them when they debuted at my party and I'm glad to see that they got some love elsewhere too. It's weird that you're up against people you know and that both nails and makeup are in the same category, but it's still nice to get the recognition. Good luck and you know that if it was just a nails category, you'd win hands down! :)

    p.s. wow that girl in the penguin dress is so cute. What a cool disney outfit! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hope! Yes, I was a little bummed about the category and to see I was up against Fairytale because I truly admire everything they do! I hope that next year there is a category for wedding makeup because I feel like all the beautiful work they do really needs to be recognized!

      Also I love that penguin dress! I was going to mention it but then got lazy and just linked to Mindy's awesome guide. I will have to fix that. :) Maybe that Disney outfit will inspire one of my next manis! ;)

      Delete
    2. There used to be a hair/makeup category, but I guess with the lack noms in other categories she had to combine things together as a "general beauty stuff" category. *blush* FT works so well with so many DB's that they're going to be fan favorites for years to come and will most likely have a guaranteed spot on future ballots regardless. Your nails were so clever and I loved them.

      That would be SO cool if my outfit inspired one of your mani's!!!!!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the nomination! These are so cute and fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...