Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Tree Silhouette Nail Art- Into The Woods Reunion


In early November, I was able to attend the Into the Woods Reunion at the Segerstrom Center for the Arts.  The reunion was amazing and included many from the original Broadway cast as well as the show's creators, Stephen Sondheim and James Lapine. 

I was first introduced to the show when I was in theater back in high school.  Since then I've seen the DVD of this Broadway version many times and listened to the CD even more.  I was so excited for the reunion that at the suggestion of my sister I treated myself to a new dress for it.  I even found one with a tree silhouette on it that seemed fitting for the occasion and I painted my nails to match!

Here's a photo of the result along with the dress that inspired it.


I painted my nails with a Butter London polish called "Cotton Buds."  After it dried, I used a toothpick and some black polish to do the tree silhouettes on my ring fingers.  In the end I was happy with the result and it was a fun accessory on the night of the reunion.



I didn't take any photos during the reunion itself but I did take several pictures of the props and costumes that were on display!  Here are just a few:



  

It was a wonderful evening that I was so grateful I was able to experience.  We went with some friends and one of them told us about the Oregon Shakespeare Festival production of Into the Woods that was coming to the Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts and they were able to get tickets.  I just went recently and will share more about it soon... with some more nail art of course!  :)

If you want to read more about the reunion itself, here's an article I thought described it all very well: 
BWW Reviews Historic Into the Woods Reunion featuring Sondheim, Lapine and Original Bway Cast Wows Fans

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures! It's a beautiful dress and I love that you chose to make your nails white. Butter London is a good brand - the polish goes on so nice. Your white is so pretty. I like the tree you did. Great detail. Luv this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Butter London is great! It lasted a long time! I ended up using the white polish base from this for 2 other designs so you'll see more of it on here soon! :)

      Delete
  2. That was such a perfect dress for this event and I love how you were able to match your nails to it perfectly!! I'm glad that you were able to go and had such a great time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...