Friday, February 6, 2015

Blue and Pink Nails- Into the Woods

 

Hi everyone!  I'm finally sharing some more nail designs!  I did this one to match another dress.

Remember that tree silhouette dress I wore to the Into the Woods Reunion?  When I was shopping for for it there was also a Ted Baker dress that I really liked but it was too expensive.  My husband continued to keep an eye on the dress afterwards and when it went on sale he bought it and surprised me with it.  Now I have two dresses with trees on them that I love!

It was the best timing because I was able to wear it to see the Oregon Shakespeare Festival production of Into the Woods at the Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts.  Once again I had a dress that fit the occasion!


I didn't have time to do detailed nail art so I decided to paint my nails to match some of the colors in the dress instead.  I painted them a light blue and then after they dried I used a makeup sponge to add some pink.  In the end I think it all went together nicely!


I wish I'd had more time to work on them but I think they still looked pretty good!  The makeup sponge created a fun look and it was really easy and quick to do.


Hopefully I'll get some more nail art up on here soon!  I've got several designs saved up to share.  I spent a lot of my spare time in January working on a blog I started called My World Showcase.  Now that I've got it up and running I should have more time to post here too.  Please stop by my new blog and check it out!  Here's the link- www.myworldshowcase.com.

4 comments:

  1. When I first saw your nails at the top of the post, they reminded me of the "Make it Blue! Make it Pink!" pixiedust battle between Flora and Merryweather in Sleeping Beauty. :) Your dress is so pretty. It looked like you just stepped out of a frame from an art gallery. Good job to your hubby for keeping an eye on it. Can I forward him all my various shop wishlists so he can scout sales for me too? ;) Anyway, I loved the way the nails looked with your dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that too and actually almost mentioned the Blue/Pink battle in Sleeping Beauty! :D Thanks about the dress- I really like it! The hubs is definitely an expert online shopper! If it weren't for him, I'd probably never buy anything new! haha.

      Delete
  2. Pretty! I like the idea of a makeup sponge. Your dress it beautiful and your nails complement the sky colors so well. Love your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The makeup sponge is a nice easy way to dress up one's nails! Whenever I'm in a hurry it's one of the things I consider doing. Thanks for checking out my new blog! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...