Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pink with Silver Chevron Stripes

It's time to share a new mani!  I had less time to work on my nails the evening I did these so I decided to do something simple and then do something more challenging over the weekend.   I ended up liking the result so much that I ended up keeping it on for much longer!  Here it is:


I used a pretty pink polish for all my nails.  I was going to leave it at that but I like having a bit more so I tried to add some chevron stripes on the ring finger with silver polish.  I loved it!  I really like how chevron stripes look and will probably try to use that again in other manis!  Unfortunately I didn't get many photos of this one that weren't too dark.

I thought I'd share the next picture too though since you can see my manicure in it.  My mother-in-law is very talented at knitting and she found some yarn that had my name "Nerissa".  Spelled exactly the same and everything!  I don't see my name around very often.  It's in Shakespeare's Merchant of Venice and is the name of the awesome villain in Enchanted (spelled slightly different- Queen Narissa) but other than that it's not very common.
So as you can guess I was pretty excited when I received my scarf made of "Nerissa" yarn and it was my favorite color too!  She even included the tag the yarn came with since it had my name on it!  Here it is!


I hope you enjoyed today's post!  What do you think of this mani?  Do you like the stripes? 

9 comments:

  1. Super cute shade of pink! That's a cool silver, it works well with the pink. I had never heard the term chevron stripes until I heard you mention them once. They are fun. Love the scarf and that's so cool that she found one with your name. I manage to find stuff with my name every so often but your name is a tough one to find. This is a London Tipton post - "Yay me!" :P :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I had actually never heard of that term either until I kept seeing it on Pinterest! haha. It was so neat that she found a yarn with my name! Definitely Yay Me! :)

      Delete
  2. The silver is great with the pink! I love the way it looks! It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shannon! I am so happy you like it! :D

      Delete
  3. The stripes are cool. It makes the nail pop even more. I also think it's cool that you got your very own home made scarf out of "your" yarn. That is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hope! I never thought I'd have yarn with my name one it. hee hee. It was quite a surprise when she told me about it! :)

      Delete
  4. These are so cute! I love the pink and silver combo!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...