Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Bastille Day- France Nail Art

This past Sunday was Bastille Day.  It's like France's fourth of July!  We like to celebrate it because my husband is a small part French and because we love all things France.  We almost forgot about it this year because we had been traveling the weekend before but my brother-in-law reminded us just in time for us to put something together.  We even found a little French boutique to visit for some supplies!
I of course had to do some France inspired nail art for the occasion!  Last year I painted my nails to look like France's flag.  This year I wanted to do something different but with the same colors.  Here is what I came up with:


I am so happy with how these turned out!  I knew I wanted some stripes in there so on my index finger and pinkie I used a L'oreal blue polish called "Jet Set to Paris" (perfect name!).  Then I painted on the white stripes.

On the middle finger I used a Maybelline red polish called "Speedy Hot Tamale" and then I painted on white hearts using a dotting tool.  On my ring finger I tried to paint the shape of the Eiffel Tower.  I used a thin brush and a tooth pick to paint it on there.


Finally on my thumb I painted some roses!  I've always wanted to paint roses like this on my nails but could never figure out how to get the design right.  I found this tutorial on a blog called "Follow That Way".  Here is the link to it:  Follow That Way:  Rose Nail Art Tutorial.  The tutorial helped a lot and I was finally able to accomplish these roses using a small dotting tool!  I skipped the leaves because I wanted to stick to mostly just the red, white, and blue colors and the shape of the rose seemed fine on it's own.  Here are my roses with my Disney French children's book that I found at the French boutique!  I think Belle would be a fan of the roses, don't you? ;)


We had a very nice Bastille day and my nails really fit in with everything!  I found some great ideas on Pinterest that I was able to use for decor!  Here are some photos from our day!

The little French boutique we visited the day before!

French snacks and champagne!

Found templates for this bunting on Pinterest.  It came from the blog Creature Comforts

Hubby made Croque Monsieur- YUM!


It was a great day!  I had a lot of fun coming up with a new manicure for it.  What do you think of my France nail art?

7 comments:

  1. Mmm those croque monsieur's look so good! The nail art and French theme were such a fun idea. I was thinking more of "La vie en rose" when I saw the rose on your nail, but Belle works too! :) The eiffel tower looks really good too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hope! La vie en rose works too! My mind tends to think in cartoon first, hee hee ;-) The croque monsieurs were delicious! We liked them so much, we had them 3 days in a row! lol.

      Delete
  2. Bonjour! This mani is lovely! I really like the rose. Good choice leaving the leaves out, it looks pretty with the whole mani. Tower looks great and I like the stripes. It'd cool to visit a French boutique. Food looks yum. Sounds like the whole day came together really nicely:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) The French boutique was neat to visit and we had a really nice day!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...