Friday, July 19, 2013

Just Keep Swimming- a Mint Mani for Talia

I have a different type of post to share with you today… Today we remember Talia Joy Castellano.

This past Tuesday, Talia Joy lost her 6 year battle with cancer.   She was only 13 and she still managed to inspire so many people with her amazing spirit and courage.  She was a talented make-up artist with make-up tutorials on youtube who often sported some beautiful nail art.   A lot of people remember her from her appearance on Ellen where she was made an honorary Cover Girl.  When Ellen DeGeneres asked her how she stays positive, she replied that "a little fishy told her to just keep swimming…" 

The last photo Talia posted on her Instagram account was of her, her friend's, and her mother's hands in their mint manicures.  On Wednesday, Nicole from NailPolishWars.com asked other nail bloggers to all wear mint manis today in honor of Talia.  I thought it was such a nice idea that even though I didn't own any mint nail polish, I went out and bought some and put something together last night.

For my nails I used my new bottle of LVX polish "Mynt".   On my ring finger I painted the shape of Dory from Finding Nemo and then added some white dots to represent bubbles.

So in honor of Talia Joy, here is my first mint mani. 






Just keep swimming.

4 comments:

  1. A great memorial for Talia. I love seeing all those Mint manicures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful way to remember such a special person. Her smile was so bright and I admire her bravery. Thank you for sharing and participating in remembering Talia. Just keep swimming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute, I love the Dory nail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sweet of you to do this for her. I'll be honest and say that I didn't know about her until this week, but what a legacy to leave behind and a great reminder to live each day to its fullest. I'm sure that seeing so much love come her way is a great consolation to her family.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...