Monday, August 20, 2012

Sleeping Beauty- Maleficent Nails

Last week was my friend Hope's birthday!  Because Sleeping Beauty is her favorite, I took up her suggestion for Maleficent nails as a surprise!  I wasn't sure if I'd be able to paint the dragon version of Maleficent but I think it came out pretty well! 


For those who are unfamiliar with Disney's Sleeping Beauty, Maleficent is the villain who curses Princess Aurora.  At the climax of the film Maleficent transforms into a large dragon which is the version of her that I tried to paint.  (You can see Maleficent as a dragon in my favorite show at Disneyland -Fantasmic!)

Maleficent Dragon in the movie Sleeping Beauty (Source: Wikipedia)

Maleficent in Fantasmic (personal photo)

To do this mani, I started out with purple and black on my nails.


Afterwards I freehanded the dragon and fire onto my nails.  It took a little while but I think the result was worth it!  Hope seemed happy when she saw them too so I think the results were successful!  :)


After my friend's birthday party I took a quick photo of my nails outside the Lego Store at Downtown Disney!  They have Maleficent on top of the building! 


I hope you enjoyed this manicure!  Thanks again to Hope for the idea and happy birthday!  :)


4 comments:

  1. Very creative! I like the pic outside the Lego store. By far one of my favs that you've done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I loved this manicure so much and thought it came out so well. I was happily surprised to see them debut at my party and was really touched that you took me up on the suggestion on that day. They looked so good. Maybe I'll have to have you do them for me one day just like this. :) They looked terrific!

    Thanks for the birthday wishes and for sharing your awesome talent. :D *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...