Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Dinosaur Nail Art and a Jurassic Park Look!

I know it's been a while but it's finally time for some more posts!  To start I'm sharing my dinosaur nail art!  I did this manicure right before the weekend that Jurassic Park 3D got released in theaters.  My husband and I were excited for it so I decided to paint my nails for the occasion.  This was the result:

 

At first I wasn't sure whether to paint a friendly dinosaur or a scary one. I ended up deciding on a friendly one on my fingernails and then on my thumbnail I attempted to paint dinosaur footprints.  I think my dinosaur ended up resembling Dinosaur Gertie from her ice cream stand at Disney's Hollywood Studios in Disney World.


There is also more dinosaur fun at DinoLand U.S.A. inside Animal Kingdom.  I like the the ride, 'Dinosaur,' that they have there and and all the cute dinosaurs in Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama.  They were in also in my mind when I painted my nails. (Can you tell I miss Disney World?)


In addition to painting my nails I made an attempt at "Disneybounding"!  For those of you not familiar with the term, it comes from this great Tumblr site called DisneyBound.  On this site they create several inspiration boards for outfits inspired by Disney characters, movies, rides, and more!  They also post what people come up with and it's pretty awesome to see how creative people get (Check out Hope's penguin outfit!).  Sometimes DisneyBound even does some outfits inspired by some non-Disney movies and the week Jurassic Park came back to theaters they posted ideas for an outfit inspired by it.  I went for it and this is what I came up with:

 
Those pictures were taken at the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail at California Adventure.  I wore green, brown, and black and also wore my Dinosaur necklace.

Here is a pic of my nails by a sign on the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail. 

Footprints!

I had so much fun watching Jurassic Park 3D on the big screen! I was happy I was able to do some dinosaur nail art before I went to see it!

What do you all think of my dinosaur nail art and my Jurassic Park inspired outfit?   I had a lot of fun trying to come up with an outfit that had the same inspiration as my nail art... I may have to do it again sometime!

6 comments:

  1. This was so creative! I did not get to see it in theaters, but I am glad it came out. It was one of the movies that stuck with me as a child; it was so scary, fun, and neat to see kids my age involved. Your outfit is great. Where did you get the jacket from? Your nails came out so neat! I like that you kept it friendly and used bright colors. I also like that you used four nails to paint the dinosaur...large just like Gertie;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bianca! Jared got me that jacket from Nordstrom's. I'm happy you liked how my nail art came out. :) I enjoyed having the bright colors on my nails!

      Delete
  2. I love Gertie! Your outfit and nails turned out super cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked your Dino nails! They actually reminded me more of that Dino that used to be at the Sunglass Shack over at DCA (in front of the Zephyr). I LOVED that you created a JP outfit (and thanks for the DB shout out) ;) They're having a giant DB meet up on 6/2 at DL. We should participate! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true! He does kind of look like that dino too! I forgot about him! I'm happy you liked my JP outfit since you are a pro at DisneyBounding! It was fun! The meet up sounds fun too! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...