Friday, April 5, 2013

Angels 5K Nails

Last weekend my husband and I completed our first 5K!  It was a lot of fun!  Because it was the Angels 5K, I decided to paint my nails in the team's colors to match!  
 
 
For the red I used Maybelline Express Finish "Speedy Hot Tamale", which now that I write it out it's kind of funny that I used it.  The name definitely fits the 5K theme!  For the blue I used LA Colors Color Craze "Wired".  I also added some sparkle to the blue with NYC "Starry Silver Glitter" polish. 

The design wasn't as elaborate as my Angels Baseball Inspired nails due to time but I still thought they were fun and they matched my running gear!
 
 
I didn't take too many photos of them but here's one more!


The Angels 5K was a really neat experience!  Since it was our first 5K we started out slowly but our second mile was pretty good!  We totally forgot about time once we got inside the stadium though!  We took a bunch of pictures and were even able to hang out in the dugout!  It was a fantastic morning!




10 comments:

  1. Glad you had fun at your first 5k. I almost signed up for this run but scheduling, it didn't work out. Next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was even more fun than I thought and I'm really happy I was able to go with my hubby! I can see why you do these regularly! :)

      Delete
  2. LOVE that you guys were both themed for the race -- especially <3 your nails! How fun to get to hang out in the dugout and run through the stadium! I'm running my first 5k in a few weeks (maybe we can run one together someday) now that all of my Disneyland bride friends have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We had a really nice time! Good luck with your first 5k- I hope I get to hear about it! :) It would be so fun to run one together! Although I may walk part of it ;) haha.

      Delete
  3. Yay, I'm proud of you guys:) You're nails looked great. Looked like it was a lot of fun. Speedy hot tamale and wired are both fitting for the event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) We had a great time. I didn't look at the names when I picked them out so it was pretty funny when I realized it afterwards! :D

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you guys ran and survived your first 5K. I don't blame you for losing track of time once inside the stadium. When else can you get on the field right? :)

    Great idea about matching your nails to your running outfit too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I totally agree- once we were on the field we figured we'd just enjoy it. :) I kind of think the Disney one will be the same way for us- a walk/jog with lots of picture taking! ;)

      Delete
  5. Your nails are cute, I love the blue you used!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...