Friday, January 31, 2014

More Football Nails for the Super Bowl

With the Super Bowl on Sunday, I thought it was a good time to share some more football nail art!


I actually did this nail art last fall before a USC football game I went to.  I did similar football nails the year before in 2012 but I thought I'd give them another try and make a few changes so they wouldn't be exactly the same.  It's fun to look at the photos from before and see that although I'm still not a perfect nail artist- I do seem to have improved.  My photo taking of my nails seem to have improved too!
Like last time I painted a couple of my nails brown and after it dried, I added the lines of a football on there using white polish.
On my ring finger and pinkie, I used green polish for the base.  Next I used white polish to paint the yard lines onto the ring finger and then used gold polish to paint a goal post onto the pinkie.


Finally on my thumbnail, I used the colors of the team I was cheering for.  In this case it was cardinal and gold for the USC Trojans. I painted the base red (cardinal) and added lines using the same gold polish I used for the goal post.  It matched my USC bracelet well!


I had a nice time sporting this nail art and got a lot of compliments on it around campus.  If you are looking for ideas for Super Bowl nails, this might be a good one to try!  Just switch around the colors to match your team!  I don't think I'll watch much of the Super Bowl this weekend but I am secretly rooting for the Seattle Seahawks since their coach is old USC Coach Pete Carroll!

Have a great weekend everyone!  
 

My football nails from last year:
http://www.pixiedustnails.com/2013/01/football-nails.html

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...