Thursday, October 1, 2015

Delicate Gold Nails

Delicate gold nails inspired by one of Elle's "8 Runway Manicures You Need to Copy"

It's DAY 31 of the 31 DAY Challenge!  The theme for Day 31 is "honor nails you love <3."  There was this nail art I kept seeing on Pinterest that I thought was pretty, so I went for it!

Here is the photo:

Nails from Elle's "8 Runway Manicures You Need to Copy"
Elle's "8 Runway Manicures You Need to Copy"

It's from Elle's list of 8 Runway Manicures You Need to Copy.  I like the gold and how simple it is and again I wanted to keep practicing those half moons!  I used my Burberry Light Gold No. 107 polish for this too.  My nails are a bit shorter than usual because I had a bad break in one of my nails and had to shorten the rest to match.  I'm glad it happened towards the end of the challenge but I was still a little bummed.

I thought my result was pretty but wish it had turned out better because it looks a little messy.  I also wish I had gotten a darker gold polish to use since the lighter color isn't quite right for this one.  Regardless, it still shows some resemblance to the inspiration.

Delicate gold nails inspired by one of Elle's "8 Runway Manicures You Need to Copy" 

I even made an attempt at recreating the photo. I'm not that great at serious model poses but I tried!  ha ha!

Delicate gold nails inspired by Elle's "8 Runway Manicures You Need to Copy"

That completes DAY 31 of the The 31 Day Challenge (#31DC2015)I did it!  I did 31 posts within 31 days which was my biggest goal, and I did a lot of new nail art even though I was also sharing some older ones that I hadn't posted yet.  I didn't think I could do it but somehow I managed and it feels good!

I probably won't be able to post every day all the time (it was tough!) but I hope to continue posting more often!  I'll put together a round up post soon although it may need to wait until next week since it's one of the busiest times of the year at work.

Many thanks to all of you who followed along and cheered me on!  <3 

2 comments:

  1. Oooh this is a pretty inspiration, good choice. I haven't seen it done that way before. I think your nails look lovely:) Congratulations on completing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you NAILED it. See what I did there? Also, you always take great pics. I hate selfies and have the same goofy expression so I think you got that serious model look down. lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...