Monday, March 10, 2014

Frozen Elsa Blue / Blue Fairy Nails

In late January, I saw Frozen for the first time.  I originally didn't have much interest in the film based on the trailers I had seen which was why I took so long to go watch it.  I'm so glad I did though because it became my favorite new movie I had seen in a very long time!  As the big sister of 3 amazing young ladies, I loved that it was about sisters and Elsa quickly became one my heroes for too many reasons to list.
I ended up watching Frozen three times in the theater and enjoyed it each time.  I can't wait until it's on DVD so I can watch it again.  Just a little more than a week to go!  To help me wait until March 18, I thought I'd have a week dedicated to Frozen and share the three Frozen inspired manicures I've done over the last two months!
Let's start with this one!


So I must admit this manicure did not start out as Frozen inspired.  I did this one around the time I did the Tinkerbell 10k and chose this blue to go with my Blue Fairy outfit.  I actually had this nail art on one hand and kept my Tinkerbell nail art on the other.  I couldn't decide whether to keep Tink on my nails for my run or to try to match my nails to my outfit so I did both!  It probably didn't look the best together but separately they were great!  haha.   Here's how the blue matched my Blue Fairy outfit!



A couple days after the 10k, my husband and I finally went to see Frozen for the first time.  I fell in love with the film and was delighted that my blue fairy nails also matched Elsa's colors.  Olaf at the theater seemed to like them too!


The blue polish I used has become one of my favorites that I own.  It was a gift from my mother-in-law for Christmas and the color is called Essie "Parka Perfect."  I put some sparkly polish on top (Nicole by OPI Selena Gomez collection- "Stars At Night") to do the simple manicure above.  It turned out that this Essie blue polish reminds me of Frozen every time I use it so it's no surprise that it's the same blue I used for all the Frozen nail art I plan to share this week!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome can't wait to see the others. I loved Frozen too. I agree about the trailers. The trailers I saw didn't even show Elsa or Anna. I like the blue its a great color. Have yet to buy any Essie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got my first Essie polishes recently for this past Christmas. I have only tried the blue one so far but I really like it. :) Will have to try out the other ones soon!

      Delete
  2. I haven't seen Frozen yet! I want to go but have been too busy. I love blue especially with sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blue with sparkle is one of my favorite combos! :) I hope you are able to see Frozen sometime! :)

      Delete
  3. Can't wait for Frozen to come out. It's so much easier to cry and sing out loud in the comforts of home.:D Pretty nails as usual! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watching it at home will be nice! Although I think I cried and sang in the theater too. hahaha! ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...